EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion is a European Commission joint venture that provides researchers with information and supports services on mobility and career development opportunities in Europe and contributes to strengthening Europe's cooperation within itself and with the world.
TÜBİTAK serves as a Bridgehead Organization (BHO) and represents Turkey in the EURAXESS initiative of the European Commission in order to facilitate openness, transparency and a merit-based approach in the recruitment processes for researchers.
-The Service Centre is a local hub for Committed to attract promising international researchers
- Institutions and research groups can post their offers.
- Researchers can browse and apply through the portal.
-Helps incoming researchers and their families with administrative procedures and provides support for settling in.
- This centre, help researchers and their families to plan and organize their move to and from Turkey, and assist with all matters related to mobility. Researchers can use Service Centres to get practical information concerning professional and daily life, as well as information on research jobs and funding opportunities.
-Committed to improve the career development processes at METU:
- METU informed the European Commission about the endorsement of the 40 principles of the “European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers”, which consists of a set of general principles and requirements that should be followed by employers and/or funders when appointing or recruiting researchers, in October 2018and notified its commitment to implement the HRS4R process.
- METU is committed to complete the first step of the HRS4R within the next 12 months.
- By implementing the ‘Charter and Code’ principles, METU will join a community of European universities, institutions and funders, including a number of international institutions, which are committed to continuously improve their HR practices. Implementing these principles will help to ensure the availability of motivated, highly qualified and skilled human resources in research and innovation.
- METU is now in the stage of completing its HR Award application by preparing its gap analysis and designing its action plan by November, 2019.